J. Michael Lindell
J. Michael Lindell is the senior partner of Lindell Farson & Zebouni, P.A. A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Mr. Lindell earned his Bachelor of Arts Degree (English and Economics) from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill in 1975. Mr. Lindell then returned to the State of Florida and received his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Florida in 1978 with honors. Upon graduation, Mr. Lindell began his legal career in the field of civil trial law with the distinguished Jacksonville firm of Ulmer, Murchison, Ashby & Ball. In 1987, Mr. Lindell founded the law firm that is now known as Lindell, Farson & Zebouni, P.A.
Mr. Lindell has practiced law in his hometown of Jacksonville since his admission to the Florida Bar in November 1978. During that time, he has gained numerous distinctions. He was one of the first Jacksonville attorneys to obtain the coveted status of a board certified civil trial lawyer in 1985 after only seven years of law practice. He has maintained that status ever since. When board certification was established for business litigation in 1996, he was, once again, one of the first Jacksonville attorneys to obtain that distinction.
J. Michael Lindell has lectured as an adjunct professor both at the Florida Coastal School of Law (Corporate Governance) and at the local Florida State College (Business Law). He has served as chairman of the Jacksonville Bar Association committee on corporate, banking and business law (2000-2005) and previously served as chairman of the Fourth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee (1992).
Based upon peer review in the profession, Mr. Lindell has enjoyed an “AV” rating by Martindale Hubbell for 20 plus years and was selected as one of Florida’s “Super Lawyers” in the field of business litigation in more recent years (2008-2011; 2014-2018).
Mr. Lindell has previously served as board member and president of the local Christian Legal Society chapter. Through the years he has been involved in various forms of community service, including elder and teacher at Christ’s Church – Mandarin (formerly Mandarin Christian Church), Mandarin Christian School Board Member, Rotary Club of Mandarin Board Member, Mandarin Community Club Board Member, Flag Football Coach, Scout Leader, Board Member of First Coast Women’s Services, and other service related projects.
J. Michael Lindell has been married to the former Deborah Reynolds since February 1981 and has four children.
- Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer Since
1985 (Florida Bar Board of Legal
Specialization and Education)
- Board Certified Business Litigation Lawyer
Since 1996 (Florida Bar Board of Legal
Specialization and Education)
- Florida, 1978 (Member, Sections on: Business Law and Trial Practice)
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- Jacksonville Bar Association (Chairman, Corporate, Banking and Business Law Section 2000-2005)
- Fourth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee (Chairman, 1992)
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida 1978, J.D. (With Honors)
- University of North Carolina, 1975, B.A., Double Major: English, Economics.
“Trial Brief”, Florida Civil Trial Practice Manual (3d ed.) (Co-Author)
Adjunct Professor, Corporate Governance, Florida Coastal School of Law, 2008 & 2009; Adjunct Professor, Business Law, Florida State College (Formerly FCCJ), 1984-1988; Lecturer at Jacksonville Bar Association Seminars on Various Civil Litigation Topics
- AV Peer Review Rated – Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected as Florida Super Lawyer (Business Litigation) for 2008-2011 and 2014-2018
- Selected as Leading Florida Attorney in Commercial Litigation, American Research Corporation
- Christian Legal Society (Past President)
- Pro Bono Panel of the Jacksonville Area Legal Aid
Running, cycling, camping, canoeing, short-term missions