Includes both litigation and transactional aspects of construction, commercial law and alternate dispute resolution. AV rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell. Extensive experience in public procurement, contracting, contract negotiation and construction law, representing (public and private) owners, developers and contractors. Areas of experience include commercial projects including landfill closure, JEA power and water treatment construction, Jax Seaport and Airport construction matters, heavy highway, Better Jacksonville Plan projects and River City Renaissance projects.
Extensive contract and public procurement experience with claims valued in excess of $100 million. Served as the Division Chief for Commercial Litigation and later Construction Law and Procurement Division in the Office of General Counsel. In addition to the City’s departments, representation included the Jacksonville Port Authority, Duval County School Board, JEA, Jacksonville Housing Authority and Jacksonville Aviation Authority. Duties with the Office of General Counsel included litigating matters, drafting policies, procedures, contracts, legislation and engaging clients with a team approach to problem solving.
At the General Counsel’s Office, served as Director of the Municipal Law Clinic, and was appointed to various Mayoral committees related to Procurement and Construction procedures, policies, training and contracting. Served as a member (Chairman 2011-13) of the City of Jacksonville Civil Service Board, (2007- 2013); Florida Bar Appointee to the Attorney Disciplinary Review Committee, Div. C (2017 to present).
Presented numerous seminars on topics including: Public Procurement, Construction law, Public Records law, Governmental contracting, JSEB and MBE contracting and Legislative updates. to the Jacksonville Office of General Counsel, Inspector General and Clay County School District Procurement Department. Presided as Arbitrator, AAA and Florida qualified, (solo and panel member) for nearly 25 years in Construction and Complex Commercial cases.
Alternative Dispute Resolution Experience:
- Former Certified Civil Mediator (7678R); Florida State Qualified Arbitrator; AAA Construction and Commercial Neutral Panel member.
- Professional Licenses: Admitted to the Bar: Florida, 1977; U.S. District Court, District of Florida, 1978; U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 1981; U.S. Supreme Court, 2004.
- Associations: NUCA of North Florida (General Counsel and Legislative Chair, 2007-present), NUCA Florida (State Advocacy Chair, 2013-present), Jacksonville Bar Association Governmental Relations Committee), Florida Bar Association; Florida Bar Attorney Grievance Committee CR-C, 2017 to present.
Education: Loyola University, New Orleans, La. (B.S. Biological Sciences-1971; J.D.-1977).
- Commercial transactional
- Litigation law
- Alternate Dispute Resolution.
- Regan Atwood, P.A. f.k.a Regan Zebouni & Atwood, 2006-2019;
- City of Jacksonville, Office of General Counsel, Assistant General Counsel, 1988-2006;
- Law Office of Anthony Zebouni, 1984-88; Wood, Atter & Zebouni, Trial Counsel, 1983-84;
- Office of Public Defender, Assistant Public Defender, 1977-83;